Last month the sky was falling primarily on Brexit concerns. Just a few short weeks later, the S&P and DOW are setting all time records. Similarly you can choose a Cleveland view of the US economy (“it’s on the cusp of a recession”) or the Philadelphia view (“Tremendous progress has been achieved”). Sadly reality probably sits squarely in between. Meanwhile, I’m keeping an eye on Italian banks. For good measure, the S&P outperformed my portfolio for the first time this year – 3.56% vs 3.0%. For the year though, I’m ahead by 11.65%. Headlines related to my portfolio this month include:
- Jul 12 – Fed approves FNFG/KEY merger
- Jul 19 – Fed approves FCLF merger
- Jul 22 – PNY suspends DRIP/DSSP eff 7/31 (due to DUK merger), LB to open 1st US La Senza store in Columbus (Fall 2016)
- Jul 29 – FNFG/KEY merger completed
- Updated the Blog Directory
- Updated Goals (almost)
- My updated portfolio will be posted late (waiting for KEY shares)
- On target to roll out Blog Stuff next week
- Added to AMTD.
- Added to HAS (on weakness).
- Added to SBUX
In moving HWBK from Schwab to AST, a fractional share was sold (fees waived). I intend to repurchase this (plus more) following the 30 day waiting period covering wash sales.
- July delivered an increase of 31.2% over July 2015. This was due primarily to realignments I’m doing to prepare for the PNY/DUK merger (expected cash infusion). Special dividends were paid by CBRL and MAIN and a stock dividend by (HWBK).
- July was up 16.1% from the prior quarter due to a semi-annual dividend.
- Announced dividend increases currently average 12.74% with 56.25% of my portfolio having at least one raise so far this year.
- Through July, dividends received were equal to 74.5% of all 2015 dividends, keeping me on pace to exceed last year’s total in early October (as compared to 2015 being Sept. 9th).