February was a month that saw more volatility caused by oil prices, China, and negative interest rates – or a fear thereof. This month I pretty much was able to buy the dips. At month end, Warren Buffet released his annual letter. Call it coincidence, but his words seemed to have a calming effect. Due to valuations (other than PEP), I did not add to my Anchor, Core, or Satellite positions.
- No major updates
- Added to AGU – with spring around the corner, I figured I might as well. Besides, it placed my Canadian holdings at 3.02% (for the moment). Now to keep that level for my year end goal.
- Added to LB – weakness after announcing a special dividend and dividend increase
- Added to PEP on confusion. They announced a dividend increase in an earnings press release. It took a few days for the market to realize and adjust.
- Added to PJT after they initiated a dividend.
- Added to HYH on the nasty drop yesterday (and it recovered today)
- February delivered a resounding 122.7% increase over Feb 2015. This was due primarily to the efforts during the last half of 2015 to boost my February payers plus some increases
- February was down slightly from last quarter due to two dividends being paid in March.
With the S&P recording its’ second monthly loss, I’m pleased to report I was able to eke out a 1.84% gain for the month putting my portfolio positive (.24%) YTD.