The worst month in recent memory has come to a close with the BOJ saving the day at month end. With the S&P down by 5%, I feel fortunate being down 1.6% particularly since I’m a little heavy in financials – one of the month’s under-performers. And I’ve decided to make a few changes in my monthly updates. No longer will I have a pure dividend post – as this data and more is under the 2016 Dividend Menu Item – but I will highlight my progress.
- Incorporated a full year spreadsheet for dividends
- Eliminated dormant blogs from the directory
- Added a Goals menu item with a progress meter (thanks Dividend Meter for the step-by-step instructions).
- Added to AMC, AAPL, LTXB and YUM on weakness
- Opened a new position in NJR
- January delivered a 46.4% increase over Jan 2015. With the odd cycle/semi-annual payers excluded, this is primarily in line with y/y dividend increases.
- January also provided a boost of 36% over the prior quarter, when normalized – in line.